Sunday, May 2, 2010

salade nicois au saumon


Now this lovely dish is called salade nicois au saumon meaning a warm salad served with salmon.

In preparing this meal I thought it best to prepare two plates to show different plating options in consideration for using a circular plate verses a square plate.

Having completely gone through the cooking procedures of making this recipe I have now come to the understanding that this meal is designed to be cooked and prepared in stages. At first I thought it best to prepare the vinaigrette for the salad and salmon followed by the salad, and finally the salmon. The vinaigrette and salad both were rather simple to make. However, these two portions to this individual meal can be messed up. As we all know a little too much or not enough of one ingredient can make something that is supposed to be delicious in taste and flavor, very aweful and unwanted. So with that in mind...

I, after preparing the vinaigrette and salad, prepared and cooked the salmon for about 90secs on the presentation side and about 120secs on the opposite side. As the salmon was completing I lightly tossed the salad and vinaigrette together and due to me not having a food warmer I simply microwaved the tossed salad for 30secs or so merely to warm the salad. I platted the salmon placing it lightly on top of the salad then lightly poured dressing over the salmon, and finally I added the quartered tomato and halved boiled egg lightly pouring dressing over the tomatoes.

(The finished product is as shown in both pictures in this blog. Please feel free to ask any questions or to leave any suggestions on how to either prepare this dish or even platting this dish.)

In making this dish I used Dijon Honey mustard for the vinaigrette. I now believe that it is not only how well whisked the vinaigrette is that will determine the texture of the vinaigrette, but it is also dependent on the mustard you use as well. Please keep in mind, I am new to the culinary world so my opinion may be wrong or improperly worded.

No comments:

Post a Comment